FAQs: Connecting to an Interpreter
I requested an interpreting session, but it’s not connecting. What do I do?
We’re sorry that an interpreter was not available when you needed one!
If an interpreter is not available, this means no interpreters are currently logged on or all interpreters are busy on other calls. You can choose to wait, or you can switch to an audio interpreter at any time.
How do I schedule an appointment?
To schedule an appointment, log in to the MERFi platform. Fill in the required billing and language information. Select “Yes” under the Schedule dropdown option and tap the Schedule button.
Enter the requested information. Once you submit your request, you’ll receive an email with a reference number when we’ve confirmed an interpreter.
You must schedule your call at least 12 hours in advance. If you need to schedule an interpreter sooner, please call our call center at (800) 225–5254 for assistance.
I’ve successfully scheduled an appointment. How do I enter my scheduled session?
To connect to a scheduled appointment, you may use the link in your confirmation email.
Or click the “Have a prescheduled call reference code?” link at the top of your screen after logging in to MERFi. Once clicked, enter the reference number provided to you in your confirmation email to begin your session.
How do I add a third party into my Audio-Only interpreting session?
To add a third party into an Audio-Only Call you must place your call by selecting Other 200+ Audio Languages when choosing your language on the home page, even if you need a language listed in the platform.
If you connect to an interpreter without speaking to a CLI agent and you need to add a third party to your Audio-Only Call, you will need to disconnect and reconnect following these steps:
- Select Other 200+ Audio Languages when choosing your language on the home page, even if you need a language listed in the platform. This option will automatically direct your call to a CLI agent, who will need to input the phone number into our system before you reach an interpreter.
- When the agent answers, let them know what language you need and to add a third party into the call.
- The agent will ask for the number of the party you want to reach, enter the number into our system, and connect you with an interpreter.
- Once the interpreter is connected, the agent will drop off the call.
- Note: You’ll hear voice prompts after the agent drops off the call to pave the way as you move through the process.
- Tap the Dial Pad icon in the bottom right corner.
- After briefing your interpreter, you can press # at any time using the dial pad, and our system will dial the number of your third party automatically.
Visit our website for more information on our third-party dial-out process.
View and download all MERFi support documents by visiting the MERFi support hub: https://certifiedlanguages.com/support-hub/.
Need to contact CLI?