Interpreter & Language Assessments
Know your interpreters and bilingual staff have what it takes to communicate effectively
Objective, qualitative assessments proven to measure language skills
CLI’s proprietary suite of Proficiency & Language Usage Skills (PLUS) Assessments are vital for knowing your team’s skill level. We added our deep experience to a collaboration with Dr. Jean Turner of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, well acknowledged experts in this area of study.
Empowering informed decisions about the abilities of your language team
Each assessment has undergone in-depth analysis, piloting, calibration, in addition to a refinement period to guarantee validity and reliability. Our bench of highly experienced interpreters and recruiters have worked to ensure the assessments consistently measure your interpreter’s accuracy — empowering you to make informed decisions about the abilities of your language team.
- Assess your staff interpreters’ language fluency and medical interpreting skills
- Evaluate bilingual employees for language proficiency in a healthcare environment
- Ensure you are meeting industry standards for patient care
Determine fluency and interpreting skills in healthcare settings
CLI’s Interpreter MedPLUS Assessment helps you understand staff interpreters’ language fluency and interpreting skills in a medical environment. Evaluate in three key areas:
- Medical terminology
- Interpreting skills in a medical environment
- Professional interpreting standards
Interpreter MedPLUS is informed by the standards of:
- International Medical Interpreter Association (IMIA)
- National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI)’s “Certified Medical Interpreter Candidate Handbook”
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI)’s “Candidate Examination Handbook”
- Oregon Health Authority’s Health Care Interpreter (HCI) program requirements
Available in: Arabic · Brazilian Portuguese · Cantonese · European Portuguese · French · French Canadian · Haitian Creole · Korean · Mandarin · Nepali · Russian · Somali · Spanish · Vietnamese
Gain confidence in your bilingual staff ability
CLI’s Bilingual MedPLUS Assessment targets bilingual staff in a healthcare environment who directly communicate with patients in a language other than English — from doctors and nurses, to receptionists and call center agents. This assessment measures a candidate’s ability to:
- Proficiently understand general healthcare discussions and terminology
- Fluently speak with the patient in a clear, cohesive manner without needing an interpreter
- Accurately interpret specialized medical terminology
Evaluation of the Bilingual MedPLUS Assessment is based on the six levels of proficiency in the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFR).
Available in: Arabic · Cantonese · Mandarin · Korean · Russian · Spanish · Vietnamese.