Review the latest VRI platform enhancements from CLI
Starting Monday, June 21 at 12 a.m. PDT (3 a.m. EDT), our video remote interpreting (VRI) platform will soon include a newly designed interface for video calls.
* * *
Everything will look, feel, and function the same until you start an interpreting session. The changes you’ll see during video calls will give you an improved, more user-friendly experience.
Increasing the number of participants
If you need to add a family member, additional interpreter, colleague, or other individual to the conversation with your limited English proficient (LEP) customer, you can now add a 4th party into your session.
New in-call interface
The new user interface will make the experience even more intuitive. This will include a simpler and more minimalist design when you’re on a video call.
- Participant Carousel
- Self-view in carousel
- Each participant is displayed at the top of the screen with a user label
- Select the participant to focus on in main view
- Main View
- Participant selected for main focus
- Swap focus by selecting participant in carousel
- Participant Chat
- Each participant can interact via a group chat
- Chat tool supports any language and alphabet used by the participant
- Expandable and collapsible
- Session Toolkit
- In-call tools are located horizontally at the bottom of the screen
- Additional features are accessed via expanded options by selecting the “+” button
We rebuilt the proprietary version of WebRTC to accommodate the development of a wider spectrum of features, such as increasing the number of participants in a call.
Recognition rather than recall
This is a fancy way of saying that we made the interface easier to use. We changed the design so that the look and function are more in line with industry standard video conferencing platforms and are therefore more recognizable to the user.
Adherence to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 standards
By implementing accessibility best practices, we are also improving the usability of the site for all users. This ensures that all of our users, including people with disabilities, have a great user experience and are able to perform the tasks successfully.
VRI Resource Documents
- Download the updated VRI user guide (PDF)
- Download the VRI minimum tech requirements (PDF)
- Download updated provider instructions for multi-party video calls (Word doc)
- Download updated provider instructions for multi-party video calls (PDF)
VRI Customer Support
As always, we’re here to help you! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your account representative, or email our client relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.