ASL Video Interpreter Services
Start connecting with your deaf customers today
American Sign Language (ASL) is the most widely used sign language in the U.S.
The number of ASL users is estimated to range from 250,000 to one million people.
You can support this large community across the country.
CLI provides certified ASL interpreters, on-demand 24/7 from our web-based video platform. Our solution means you can quickly connect with all your customers and employees who are deaf in ASL.
Effective communication has never been so easy
With our certified ASL video interpreters, you get more than compliance. You get clear communication, friendly faces, and peace of mind.
Tapping into our network of seasoned video interpreters helps you comply with anti-discrimination laws, such as:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
Video remote interpreting, with 24/7 access to ASL interpreters
✓ Securely log in from any device
✓ Pay by the minute
✓ Reap the benefits of face-to-face communication over video
✓ HIPAA-compliant video platform
✓ Clear video and audio
Video remote interpreting (VRI) benefits
Video remote interpreting services offer a number of benefits for those seeking ASL interpreters:
- On-demand: At CLI, our interpreters work on demand. This is a game changer in emergencies when there’s no time to wait for an in-person interpreter.
- Flexibility and accessibility: Because our interpreters work on demand, you can take a flexible approach to your interpreting needs. If you have an ASL interpreter who’s arriving late and you need interpreters in the meantime, you can connect with an on-demand ASL interpreter over video while you wait. With CLI, you can work with ASL interpreters at any time with sufficient bandwidth and a connected device.
- Economical option: If your business serves walk-in customers with needs that exceed those of a causal interaction, such as in certain retail establishments or the banking industry, you can instantly use our video interpreting services to communicate with customers. This provides a more economical option for businesses that don’t have access to in-person interpreters around the clock.
You’re in trusted hands with experienced ASL interpreters
“[The ASL interpreter] did a great job despite a lot of medical terms and questions.”
—Medical center & research hospital client
“I appreciate the empathetic communication provided by the [sign language] translator. She was wonderful to work with.”
—Health system client
Certified sign language interpreters, ready when you need them
We take special care to select highly skilled, certified interpreters who are fluent in ASL and English.
Our American Sign Language interpreters:
- Have 7–10 years of experience in ASL interpreting
- Are nationally certified through the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)/National Association for the Deaf (NAD)
- Renew their HIPAA certification annually
The ASL video interpreters we work with are medically qualified and up to speed on industry terminology, including:
- Healthcare interpreting
- Legal and court interpreting
- Insurance and health plan interpreting
- Educational interpreting
- Banking and finance interpreting
- And more
Do you need an ASL company that can help you better support your deaf customers?
CLI contracts with experienced, high-quality interpreters. Why don’t you take a moment and tell us about your organization? We’ll quickly connect with you to help craft an individualized plan for success.